Instructor(s): Gordon Gray
Time: 0830 - 1630
Range: Sacramento Valley Shooting Center
Course Fee: $350.00 (includes range fees)
Course Student Limit: 12 - 14
Prerequisite: Fund-Int Carbine and Fundamental Handgun with Intermediate Handgun Recommended.
This is a two-day training course.
Requirements are Fundamental & Transitional Carbine as well as at a minimum Fundamental Handgun. No waivers from any other instructors granted. Topics covered include everything in Transitional Carbine taken to a higher level as well as an introduction to different advanced skill drills. This is a master class level and above course; regardless of your skill level you will be challenged. Equipment requirement are the same as Fundamental Carbine with the exception of 1000 Rifle and /500 Pistol ammo needed.
This is a Highly Developed Course which will cover overview of emergency and tactical reloads as well as primary to secondary transitions, locating and moving to cover, team communication / shooting with a team member, moving and shooting, multiple target engagement, vehicle dismounts, room clearing, threat and non-threat engagement, identifying and announcing threats and identifying / clearing malfunctions.
You are required to make sure your rifle is zeroed as this will be a very fast paced course which does not allow time for zeroing. A bare bones minimum zeroed distance for any tactical carbine should be 50 yards. If you have questions please contact us for clarification:
- Physically Fit and Mentally Prepared
- A Modern Working Carbine Style Rifle (To be inspected by Instructor)
- Serviceable sling- suitable for a variety of shooting positions – Tactical Style capable of carrying rifle with muzzle down) 1 or 2 point preferred.
- 1000+ rounds rifle
- 3 rifle magazines, (4 -6 is ideal)
- Modern Working Handgun, with strong side holster (9mm or larger)
- Holster & Magazine Carrier (Open, Concealed, Duty or Tactical)
- 300+ rounds handgun
- 3 handgun magazines, (4 -6 is ideal)
- Magazine carrier, chest rig, belt pouches (choose gear realistic to your objective)
- Eye/Ear protection
- Hat w/brim
- Personal Water Supply
RECOMMENDED BUT NOT REQUIRED EQUIPMENT
Pants with cargo pockets
Weather appropriate gear (rain gear, sunscreen, etc) Weather does not dictate the fight, nor does it affect our training!
** Bring your lunch; we will not be leaving the range!